Jessie Crockett

Jessie Crockett is the author of the deliciously fun Sticky Grove mystery series.

What are your ties to Maine or the Boothbay Peninsula?

All of my family, on both sides, is from Maine so I’ve spent countless hours visiting relatives all over the state. Also, four years ago my husband and I set down some Maine roots of our own by purchasing a summer place in Old Orchard Beach.

What is your favorite thing about writing in Maine?

I love taking pages on my latest work in progress down to the beach and revising within sight and sound of the sea.

What are the most important themes in your work?

I write mysteries which naturally explore secrets but beyond that I write about family and the way those relationships shape character.

Tell us about the books you will be signing at Books In Boothbay this year?

I write the Sugar Grove Mysteries set in rural New Hampshire featuring fourth-generation sugar maker Dani Greene. The latest in the series is A Sticky Situation.

What do you enjoy about Books in Boothbay?

I loved the enthusiasm of the readers and the camaraderie amongst the authors. The location was just lovely too. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and I am so delighted to be returning this year!

What do you feel about the future of our local libraries?

While I think the jobs of librarians and the expectations of patrons have changed over time as technology plays a larger role in both education and entertainment, I believe the value of libraries remains constant. Regardless of the way in which collections are curated or content is delivered, libraries can be counted on to open a world of ideas, experiences and adventures for patrons.

Come meet Jessie Crockett and about a gazillion other authors and artists at Books in Boothbay this July 11!